Lecturer/ Assistant Professor of Finance & Technology (FinTech)
Lecturer/ Assistant Professor
Full time/Part time
The closing date for this post is midnight on 31 May 2019.
The interviews are expected to take place in June 2019.
At the University of Stirling UAE, we are offering Master’s Degree programme on digital innovation and transformation (MSc. In Fintech) to mould the right kind of professionals to cater the major challenges facing by the business/ banking and finance sector. The University is now seeking applications from right candidates for the appointment to the position of Lecturer / Asst. Professor of Finance & Technology (FinTech). Candidates should have adequate knowledge about financial management and market and strong skills in quantitative data analysis and be capable of pitching up the delivery of course materials up to the expectation of industry demand.
Description of Duties
- Design and deliver a range of teaching and learning, supervision and assessment activities across postgraduate programmes in the area of finance and technology where required.
- Engage in individual and collaborative research, which aligns to the strategic direction of the University, develop a programme of research and disseminate results through regular publication in high impact journals, books and conference proceedings.
- Supervise research students as required, providing direction, support and guidance.
- Participate in the Faculty’s international engagement activities as required e.g delivering teaching, contributing to joint programmes and recruitment of students.
- Participate in, and develop, networks and collaborations both internally and externally to the Division/Faculty/University
- Participate in the administrative processes of the Division/Faculty/University including committee membership, quality assurance procedures and recruitment and admission of students.
- Any other duties, assigned by the authorities, commensurate with the grade of the post.
- Post-Graduation in the relevant discipline with a PhD or close to successful completion
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Block Chain Technologies
- Cyber Security
- Representing and manipulating data
- Data Analytics
- Mobile Financial Applications